Now i wanna share the recipe of traditional cake of Indonesia. The cake is modified from Kue Lapis Beras. I really really really like traditional cake, therefore i tried to make this cake, the simple one. No, actually the making is simple, the most patiently part is when making the layer because it’s taking a long time. Haha, but the result is looking good. So, it’s paid! 😉 The original recipe is from “kue lapis beras”, and i substituted a little with cassava.
1000 ml coconut milk (from 1,5 coconut)
2 pandan leaves
1 teaspoon salt
250 g steam cassava
250 g rice flour
100 g sago
300 g sugar
1 tablespoon chocolate pasta
1. Boil coconut milk, pandan leaves, and salt . Let the mixture cool down in room temperature.
2. Add the steam cassava into the liquid and mix with blender until homogen
3. Add rice flour, sago, sugar and mix until homogen.
4. Divide the mixture into 2 part.
5. Add chocolate pasta into 1 part and add pandan pasta in the other part. Stir until homogen.
6. In the big stemer, put the brass which has been greassed w/ cooking oil.
7. Take 1 ladle chocolate batter and put off int the brass, cook for 5 minutes.
8. Take 1 ladle pandan batter and put off into the brass, cook for 5 minutes.
9. Repeat step 7 and 8 until the batter runs out.
10. For the last batter, cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
11. Cake is ready! Cut with knife which wrap w/ plastic.